Changes to our policy
Questions and feedback
Right to rectification – you can request to correct any of your inaccurate personal data we hold.
Rights to access and data portability –
You can request an electronic copy of your personal data free of charge in an electronic format to transfer it to wherever you choose.
Right to restrict processing – in certain circumstances, you can ask us to restrict our use of your personal data
Right to erasure (right to be forgotten) – in certain circumstances, you can ask us to entirely remove your personal data.
Right to object to automated decision-making – in certain circumstances, you can ask us not to make automated decisions about you based on your personal data that produce significant legal effects.
Right to lodge a complaint – you can lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority
What information do we collect?
- User-submitted information at time of subscription to mailing list or time of purchase
- Behavioural Data
We collect information from you when you register on our websites, visit our websites, place an order, enter a contest or sweepstakes, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature. When ordering or registering, we may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. You may check out as a guest on our websites without us using your information beyond the necessary processing and fulfilling your purchase.
We collect data about our website/s you visit. We also collect data about how and when you access your account, this includes information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and information about how you browse our websites.
We use this information to provide you with services; for example, to confirm your identity, contact you, provide you with advertising and marketing, and take payment from you. We also use this information to make sure that we comply with legal requirements. We use behavioural data to improve our services; for example, to improve the user experience on our websites by streamlining any areas of our business that, in aggregate, show areas for improvement. This may include making decisions to improve the checkout procedure, changing the navigation menu, including more or different types of information on products (visual, written, audio) etc.
We also collect information about gift recipients so that we can fulfil the gift purchase. The information we collect about gift recipients is not used for marketing purposes. Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the "Do we use 'cookies'?" section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
Shared Devices & Gift Buying
How do we use your information?
We need your personal data to conduct our business. We may use the information you submit to us when you register, purchase products, enter a contest or promotion, respond to a survey or marketing communication, visit our the websites (eg triumphanddisaster.com, triumphanddisaster.com.au, triumphanddisaster.us, triumphanddisaster.eu or triumphanddisasteruk.com) or other channels or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalise your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To ensure we process your transactions quickly, safely and securely.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- To provide the most relevant promotional communication efforts to you indirectly or directly. If you have opted-in to receive our e-mail newsletter, we may send you periodic e-mails directly.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal information but we have implemented strict procedures and protections.
- Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
- We have a nominated professional Data Controller in charge of protecting your personal data and how your data is handled by Data Processors such as Shopify, BNZ, Facebook, PartPay, Google, Mailchimp and other entities that enable us to complete our business activities.
- When you place orders or access your personal information, we offer the use of a secure server. All sensitive/credit information you supply is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
- We do not store credit card data. Additional to protections provided by your bank and credit card supplier, our website platform Shopify and our payment providers Eway and Buy-line process payments securely.
Do we use "cookies"?
If you turn cookies off, you won't have access to many features that make your site experience more efficient and some of our services will not function properly. However, you can still place orders over the telephone by contacting customer service.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally-identifiable information unless we provide you with advanced notice, except as described below. Triumph and Disaster works with a variety of third parties and service providers to help provide our customers with our services and we may share this personal information with them to support these efforts. The term "outside parties" or “third parties” does not include our business. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. Examples of essential companies we work with to operate our business may include (but not limited to) Shopify, Eway, Google, BNZ, Facebook, MailChimp and Buy Line.
We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
However, non-personally identifiable visitor information and hashed personal data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other secure uses in order to conduct and promote our business. Hashing is the transformation of a string of characters (such as your email address: email@example.com) into a usually shorter fixed-length value or key that represents the original string. Hashing is used to index and retrieve items in a database because it is faster to find the data using this shorter hashed key than to find it using the original value. It is also used in many encryption algorithms. More information on hashed data can be found here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hash_function.
Triumph and Disaster is responsible for all onward transfers of personal information to third parties in accordance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, Europe’s GDPR General Data Protection Regulations and Canada’s Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA).
How can you opt-out, remove or modify information you have provided to us or the post-website experience?
Opt out of seeing advertisements using Digital Advertising Alliance’s Opt Out page - http://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2#!/
Wait for the page to load and follow as directed when the pop-up prompt occurs. Select the types of cookies you wish to opt out from and the medium you wish to opt out from.
Alternatively select the Digital Advertising Alliance’s ‘triangular i’ logo on a digital advertisement and follow the prompts to hide any advertisements.
Opt out of Facebook promoted content
If you see any promoted ‘Sponsored’ post or other post on your facebook feed or instagram feed, click on the menu in the top right of the post and select Hide or Why Am I Seeing This then Hide All Ads
Opt out of E-Mail Subscriptions
If you have not opted-in to receive e-mail newsletters, you will not receive these e-mails. Visitors who register or participate in other site features such as marketing programs and 'members-only' content will be given a choice whether they would like to be on our e-mail list and receive e-mail communications from us.
- Account Holders - To modify your e-mail subscriptions, please let us know by modifying your preferences in the "My Account" section. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
- From an E-Mail - On any e-mail (eDM) from Triumph & Disaster, scroll to the bottom of the email and search for the sentences; "You are receiving this email as a customer of Triumph & Disaster. Unsubscribe from this list." Click on the 'Unsubscribe' link and follow the instructions and we will cease sending regular email updates. Please note that due to email production schedules you may receive any emails already in production.
To delete all of your online account information from our database, sign into the "My Account" section of our site and remove your shipping addresses, billing addresses & payment information. Please note that we may maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
Third party links, in an attempt to provide you with increased value, we may include third party links on our site. These linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We, therefore, have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites (including if a specific link does not work).
Third-Party Channels, Digital Advertisements & Social Media Content
We use third-party digital channels such as Facebook, Google, YouTube, Instagram and others to communicate with our customers. Our aim to provide you with the most relevant, interesting and informative advertising and storytelling content across various social media channels and encourage our users to engage with us. These platforms/channels control their own digital environments and have their own privacy settings, safeguards and methods for additional control over what is displayed on your screen through their networks. Search for the Privacy settings within the channel to control your experience on the respective channel. If any unwanted Triumph & Disaster content reaches your screen on a Third Party Channel, simply follow their instructions to hide, unfollow, block or exclude Triumph & Disaster content. For example, the top right corner of many Facebook posts contains a drop-down menu that allows the user a quick selection of content preferences and exclusions.